Mother,Wife,Cook,Boo Boo Kisser,Laundry Attendant,& House Keeper. Maybe not all in that order & Im sure I missed some titles along the way.

Followers

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter time Summer Salad

Look  its so stinkin cold outside ! I felt like I needed something that would remind me of Summer!
Here is a list of Ingredients I used..

Summer Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing.

1/2 Cup Italian Seven Grain  or whatever grain you have on hand

1 Avocado

10 grape Tomato

 1/4 cup diced Red Onion

1/2 cup Frozen corn (can corn ,fresh , whatever you have )
Start by preparing your grain of choice. Follow the package Directions.
While that's cooking Dice your Onion,and Avocado. Slice Grape tomato's into Wedges.
You can Place all your ingredients in a bowl with your corn.
(I wish I had a picture of all my diced veggies .. I forgot to snap that photo! Remember I'm learning this whole blog thing) bare with me !!

Once Your grain of choice is finished you can add it to your Veggies . Did I let it cool? No of course not
I have absolutely no patience . Now for your Dressing...
Combine 
3 tbsp of Oil ( Whatever you have )
1 Tbsp Honey
Lemon Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1 tsp Garlic Powder 
1/4 Tsp of Salt 
1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper

Whisk away & add it to your salad!  I didn't use all the dressing maybe half .. You add as much as you like :)
SUMMER SALAD WHEN ITS 28 DEGREES ! ENJOY!!

                                                                     
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment