Mother,Wife,Cook,Boo Boo Kisser,Laundry Attendant,& House Keeper. Maybe not all in that order & Im sure I missed some titles along the way.

Followers

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken & Cauliflower Mash.



You are going to love love love this recipe! I have been eating Greek Lemon Chicken since a child. My Mother is Greek ,So this was a very popular dish in my house growing up. I hope this becomes one in your home too .

 Thanks Mom!





P.S - Whoever came up with the idea of Mashed cauliflower is an absolute GENIUS!!

Greek Lemon Chicken
1/2 cup Olive Oil

 1 Lemon Juiced

1 Tsp Kosher Salt

1/4 Tsp Ground Pepper

1 Tsp Dried Oregano

1 Clove Fresh Garlic, Minced

2 skinless boneless Chicken- Breast halves 
(There is plenty of marinade if you want to add more chicken)


 In a large bowl, Combine Olive Oil, Salt,Pepper,Oregano,Garlic,and Lemon. Add Chicken to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.

Place Chicken on a hot Grill ,( I used a counter top Grill )  Cover & Cook for 6-8 Minutes on both sides or until juices run clear when Chicken is pierced with tip of Knife, Turning over once .

(You can always pop this chicken in the oven or cook on stove top)

Cauliflower Mash 

I have to apologize I don't have Detailed pictures of this Recipe. It was my first time making this , The baby was screaming ,Phones were ringing , and I was really focused on making it right that I totally forgot to snap Pic's! 

1 Head of Cauliflower, cut into Florets

5 Cloves of Garlic 

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese 

1/3 Cup Olive Oil 

1 Tsp Kosher Salt 

1/4 Tsp Ground Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees, Place Cauliflower and Garlic cloves in a shallow roasting dish.
Toss with  a little olive oil just to coat! 
Cover with Foil and bake for 15 minutes. Roast again uncovered 15 minutes, or until Cauliflower & garlic   
are soft and lightly browned.

Using a food processor, puree cauliflower & garlic with olive oil.  Add parmesan cheese, salt, pepper,and mix well.You want to end up with the Cauliflower having the consistency of mashed Potato's or Grits .
(thick, not runny)
(The mixture seemed a little dense so I added a splash or two of milk.  After adding the milk, it was PERFECT!! 
Butter or Chicken Broth would work too !)


VOILA!!!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I love Greek food, never had cauliflower mash, but it sounds delicious and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea ! Its so good ! Let me know how you like it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris!! Yesterday I was looking over your blog and the recipes and I said to myself I am going to ask her for some chicken recipes, because I am trying to eat better. Clearly, I forgot to mention it to you but then I wake up this morning with a chicken recipe posted! I am proud of you! I will definitely be checking back often. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Tiffani!! Whatever foods you would like to see more of let me know , I'm sure I can come up with something !! :) I have more Chicken coming soon!

      Delete