Mother,Wife,Cook,Boo Boo Kisser,Laundry Attendant,& House Keeper. Maybe not all in that order & Im sure I missed some titles along the way.

Followers

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Skinny Muffins!

If I say " I'm going on a diet" I will instantly fail ! FAIL.FAIL.FAIL. BIG FAT F!

   Took me a long time to Figure out why I was always failing at my Diets . I think the word itself just makes me have Anxiety .... Now after having a baby 9 months ago and just eating healthy, and working out when I have the time.. I'm Skinner now than before having baby O. I think the minute we put the pressure of "Dieting" on us we go nuts, at least I do. So these recipes are exactly what I'm using to keep the "Pressure"
of dieting off, while losing a little bit of weight, while still enjoying stuffing my face. 

Skinny Craisins Chocolate Chip Muffins!!

1 & 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour

1/2 Tsp Baking Soda 

1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon

1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Apple Sauce 

1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar

1 Egg White , Beaten

1 Tbsp Milk 

1/3 Cup Craisins 

1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips

I really wanted to try this recipe with fresh Strawberries or Blueberries .. but at this time of year they aren't cheap so I went with what I had in the pantry. But please use a fruit you like ! I think a Fresh Fruit would make these Muffins much more Moist!


I Left the milk out of this picture and I'll explain later....
1.Gently mix, Flour,Baking Powder, & Cinnamon.
2. With a Fork Mix the Brown Sugar & Applesauce Until together until no brown sugar lumps remain.
3. Add a beaten egg to your Brown Sugar /Apple sauce Mixture. Combine Well!
Add Wet ingredients to Dry ingredients and Combine. Now you can add your Craisins & Chocolate Chips.
I know! Its so stiff !!! Now is when you can throw in about a tbsp of Milk . Just to make is a little easier to mix all together ! ( I hope I'm making sense )

Spray Your Muffin tin or Muffin Liners with Cooking Spray.
Divide the Batter evenly. I used a 1/4 cup spoonful
and it Made 6 Medium Sized Muffins.
(Spray the top of each muffin with a little  cooking spray for color . Remember there is no Butter for browning )

Bake at 350 for about 20 mins. Muffins will be lightly golden in Color and a tooth
pick in the middle should come out clean.



Allow Muffins to cool and Enjoy! 








Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw Sam ! Thanks for checking out my Blog ! Love you !

      Delete
  2. Chris, you did a great job. The site looks great and so do the recipes. Have fun and I hope you find clarity and relaxation in your new hobby. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina,thank you so much ! Your a great friend ! <3

      Delete