Mother,Wife,Cook,Boo Boo Kisser,Laundry Attendant,& House Keeper. Maybe not all in that order & Im sure I missed some titles along the way.

Followers

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kale Pesto & Roasted Veggie Pasta

I like things Simple..and this is it .Light and Healthy .
and little Carb never hurt anyone :)
I've made this several different ways
Peas, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli etc etc ...
Only thing I suggest is to roast your veggies in the oven.

You can also find my Kale Pesto Recipe on my Blog!

Kale Pesto & Roasted Veggie Pasta

2 Medium sized Zucchini 

1 Eggplant 

1 or 2  Hand fulls of Cherry Tomato's
(Add as much or as little as you like )

1/4 Cup Olive Oil

1 Tsp Kosher Salt

1/2 Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper

1/2 Cup Kale Pesto or Store Bought

1 lb Pasta (you pick it)

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees .
I Chopped my veggies chunky  . 

Toss your Eggplant, Zucchini , Cherry Tomato's, Olive Oil, Salt, & Pepper on a large sheet pan  
Roast for about 35 Minutes or until browned , turning once with Spatula.

Meanwhile, Cook Pasta in salted boiling water for 7-9 Minutes until tender .
P.S -THIS IS GREAT AS A SIDE DISH!
Add You 1/2 Cup Kale Pesto to the bottom of a large mixing bowl.

 Take 3 Tbsp of your pasta cooking water and add it  to your Kale Pesto .

This will Create a thick like Sauce !

Drain and add your pasta
Add your Roasted Veggies,Scraping all the liquid & seasoning from the roasting pan into the bowl.
Combine well! 

Top with Parmesan Cheese if you like ! 
Buon Appetito!!










Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment