Mother,Wife,Cook,Boo Boo Kisser,Laundry Attendant,& House Keeper. Maybe not all in that order & Im sure I missed some titles along the way.

Followers

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Light Bourbon Chicken & Brown Fried Rice

I've been on this "clean eating " binge and today I woke up feeling kind of BLAH ! First thing I thought " I need a meal " . Hit up Pinterest, and Viola I found this recipe for Bourbon Chicken and brown fried rice .
 I really tried hard not to go for seconds , I mean I could have totally went for thirds. A good Successful cheat meal for all you dieters out there. 


You'll notice I use Coconut Oil . Just substitute it with Olive oil or whatever you have on hand. But if you're into eating cleaner and healthier,  I totally recommend picking up a jar. Google it, read all the benefits. You'll be surprised 
:)






Bourbon Chicken 

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon Coconut oil or Olive oil 
1 garlic clove crushed
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional) 
1/4 cup light apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons Ketchup  
1 tablespoon white vinegar or Cidar vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce 

-Whisk all ingredients into crockpot and add chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
-Whenever I cook meat in a crock pot , I like to brown my chicken on the stove first . Brown all sides of the chicken, but don't cook through.  This also is optional .

Brown Fried Rice 
I have to warn you I forgot to measure while making this . So I'm going to estimate here.
1 10oz bag frozen Brown Rice
2 egg whites 
1/2 cup frozen Edamame 
1 cup Frozen Mixed veggies or frozen peas & carrots 
1 teaspoon coconut oil or Olive Oil 
1 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
* add whatever you enjoy in your fried rice 
Directions:
- sauté frozen veggies and edamame in 1 tbs  oil, and salt and pepper until soft
- meanwhile, cook frozen rice in microwave (or however you will be preparing rice)
- add whisked eggs to edamame,and veggies .
- after eggs begin to brown, add rice and stir in 1 tbs of soy sauce
- mix well, and enjoy! 








No comments:

Post a Comment