Mother,Wife,Cook,Boo Boo Kisser,Laundry Attendant,& House Keeper. Maybe not all in that order & Im sure I missed some titles along the way.

Followers

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Black Bean Burger

I made these for lunch today , and I must say I really enjoyed them. They are tasty and healthy too!!
I always buy Boca or Morningstar veggie burgers but not anymore! 
They also freeze really well and are great for a quick Lunch.
You can add any veggies or spices you like .
I used whatever I had on hand and it worked.


1 Can Black Beans 

1 Egg 

1/2 Packet Lipton french onion soup mix 

Salt and pepper to taste 

1 Tsp Cumin

Pinch of Red pepper flakes

1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder 

1/4 Cup Frozen Corn 

1/4 Cup Italian bread Crumbs


Rinse & drain beans. 

Using a fork, mash beans until smooth yet a  little chunky.

Stir in all remaining ingredients and combine well.

Form burgers into 4 patties.

Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium- high heat 
Drizzled with a little Olive or Canola Oil.

Add burgers and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy & warmed through.


Note- You can add regular diced Onion instead of the onion soup mix. I just happen to be out of Onions that day, haha 
I topped mine with a dollop of plain greek yogurt mixed with Franks red hot sauce and a Jalapeno.

Cheese, Salsa, Avocado , Tomato , and  Red Onion on a bun  would be great too, YUM! 
Enjoy!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment